Call for Papers
30th November 2020 was the closing date for the submission of Abstracts for both posters and papers to be presented at the Joint International Grassland & Rangeland Congress. This global conference will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 23rd to 29th October 2021.
The conference shall present a platform to share cutting edge science and practices in management of the planets’ grasslands and rangelands and offer the participants the opportunity to experience the best from the Eastern African savannas.
Authors of abstracts which have been accepted for presentation at the Congress as an oral presentations or as a poster presentations, are expected to submit a full paper (3-4 pages) Click here to read the guidelines for full papers
The full papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IGC/IRC Congress. Full paper submission is now until 31st January 2021.
The theme of the conference is Sustainable Use of Grassland/Rangeland Resources for Improved Livelihoods. Keynote addresses, oral papers and posters presented at the conference will be organized around seven sub-themes.
- Sub-Theme 1: Rangeland/Grassland Ecology
- Sub-Theme 2: Forage Production and Utilization
- Sub-Theme 3: Livestock Production Systems
- Sub-Theme 4: Wildlife, Tourism and Multi-Facets of Rangeland/Grassland
- Sub-Theme 5: Drought Management and Climate Change in Rangelands/Grasslands
- Sub-Theme 6: Pastoralism, Social, Gender and Policy Issues
- Sub-Theme 7: Capacity, Institutions and Innovations for Sustainable Development in Rangelands/Grasslands
Submission Guidelines: General
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed and the selection criteria will include:
(i) Relevance to the congress theme and sessions;
(ii) Significance of information and enriching current state of knowledge;
(iii) Originality and novelty;
(iv) Structure and clarity;
(v) Scientific validity.